Skip to content
Ingredients for Sweet Potato Breakfast Casserole
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound of ground breakfast sausage
- 1/2 cup of green pepper, diced
- 20 oz bag of sweet potato tater tots
- 6 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup of evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 6 slices of American cheese
Directions for Sweet Potato Breakfast Casserole
- Heat a skillet to medium heat with the extra virgin olive oil.
- Add the breakfast sausage and green peppers to the skillet and cook until sausage is browned.
- Spray a 9 X 13 baking pan with cooking spray and layer the sausage across the bottom.
- Spread sweet potato tater tots across the top.
- In a small mixing bowel, beat together the eggs, egg whites, evaporated milk, onion powder and minced garlic.
- Spread evenly across the top of the potatoes.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour.
- In the last 10 minutes of baking, lay 6 slices of sliced American cheese on top, put back in for 10 minutes to melt cheese.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and serve.