Coffee is an essential part of many people’s morning routines, but it can be expensive to constantly get your coffee fix from a coffee shop. Fortunately, there are simple and affordable ways to make your coffee taste like it came from a barista. Here are 5 easy and cheap ways to elevate your coffee game:
- Use Freshly Roasted Beans – One of the easiest ways to make your coffee taste better is to use freshly roasted beans. Beans that have been roasted within the past two weeks will produce a more flavorful and complex cup of coffee. Look for local roasters or specialty coffee shops that sell freshly roasted beans, or order them online.
- Grind Your Beans Fresh – To get the most flavor out of your freshly roasted beans, grind them fresh before brewing. Invest in a quality burr grinder to get a consistent grind size, which is essential for a good cup of coffee. Grinding your beans fresh will produce a more aromatic and flavorful cup of coffee.
- Use a French Press – A French press is a simple and affordable way to brew coffee that produces a full-bodied and flavorful cup. Use a 1:15 coffee to water ratio (for example, 30 grams of coffee to 450 ml of water), and steep for 4 minutes before plunging. This method allows for maximum extraction of flavor from the beans.
- Froth Your Milk – A latte or cappuccino is not complete without frothed milk. You don’t need an expensive machine to froth your milk – a handheld milk frother or a manual milk frother can do the job just as well. Heat your milk in a saucepan or microwave, then froth until it reaches a creamy texture. Pour over your freshly brewed coffee for a cafe-style drink.
- Add a Flavor Shot – Want to add some flavor to your coffee without spending money on syrup? Make your own flavor shot by mixing 1/4 cup of sugar with 1/4 cup of water and your desired flavor (such as vanilla extract or cinnamon). Heat in a saucepan until the sugar dissolves, then add a tablespoon to your coffee for a customized and delicious twist.
With these simple and affordable tips, you can make your morning coffee taste like it came from a coffee shop without breaking the bank. Experiment with different brewing methods and flavors to find the perfect cup for you.
If you like this article, try a this video: