Stuck at home and missing the pampering joys of the salon? Or maybe you’re super frugal like many of us and skip the spa on a normal basis. There are a number of amazing DIY Skincare recipes that you can make while you’re self-quarantined in your home. Mix up several of them and then treat your immediate family to an at-home spa day.
Moisturizing Foot Cream
- 1/2 cup almond oil
- 4 tablespoons grated beeswax
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup glycerin
- 1/2 teaspoon evening primrose oil
- 1/4 teaspoon lavender essential oil
- Add the almond oil, beeswax and coconut oil to a microwave-safe glass dish. Microwave in 60-second intervals, stirring between intervals until thoroughly melted and mixed.
- Add in the glycerin slowly, mixing well.
- Add in the primrose and lavender oil, mix well.
- Store in an air-tight container and massage a small amount into your feet after a pedicure or shower.
Honey Tumeric Facial Mask
(Recipe makes enough for one mask, multiple for a spa party)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon tumeric
This mask is moisturizing, brightening and refreshing.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix well.
- Massage the paste into the skin on your face and neck.
- Let sit for 10 minutes then rinse with warm water.
Dry Hair Hot Oil Treatment
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly steeped tea
- Add the olive oil and tea to a blender and blend on high speed until oil breaks up into small droplets.
- Work into dry hair, massaging into scalp.
- Wrap your hair in a towel and sit for 20 minutes.
- Shampoo and condition as usual.
For 175 more recipes, I highly recommend Organic Bodycare by Stephanie Tourles. It has every recipe you need to make your own body care products forever!