This one is a new one I came up with to combine some flavors that we love, plus I wanted something a little bit crunchy, but also a little bit healthy!
- 1 bag of Green Giant veggie broccoli tots
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 packet or 1/4 cup of onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1 sleeve of Ritz crackers
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- Butter or grease the bottom of a small 6 x 8 casserole dish.
- Brown the ground beef or turkey and then drain off the grease and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mushroom soup, onion soup mix, and sour cream.
- Mix the meat into the soup mixture.
- Layer the frozen veggie tots on the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Cover the frozen tots in a layer with the ground meat mixture.
- In a frying pan, add the butter and then crumple the Ritz crackers into the pan.
- Saute on medium-low until the crackers are lightly toasted.
- Spread the Ritz crackers over the top of the casserole.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes on 350 degrees.
- Uncover and bake for another 10 minutes.
I serve with green beans or another vegetable on the side. Stores well in the fridge or freezer for leftovers.